COLPOFER chair met UIC Director General on 25 January 2024
On 25 January 2024, Roberto Massi, FS Italiane Chief Security & Risk Officer and François Davenne, UIC General Director, met to discuss future cooperation between the UIC Security Platform and COLPOFER.
Roberto Massi, Chief Security & Risk Officer of FS Italiane, was elected Chair of COLPOFER on 23 November 2023 in Budapest during the 76th COLPOFER General Assembly, entitled “Railway security in transit countries and in major events”. On the same occasion, Maria Cristina Fiorentino, head of Security Cooperation & Crisis Management, was reconfirmed as General Secretary.
COLPOFER and the UIC Security Platform already have a long-standing collaboration. The discussion focused on reinforcing this cooperation and creating new synergies to improve the security network, exchange experiences and best practices, and prevent unnecessary effort. The main objective is to bring even more added value to members and provide them with a shared strategic roadmap
COLPOFER - RAILPOL Agreement
On 14 December 2022, COLPOFER and RAILPOL undersigned an agreement aimed at underlining their common understanding of emerging security needs, addressing core values and responsabilities related to the role of both player at EU level, as well as outlining guidelines for future cooperation and procedures to quickly adapt to changes in the rail environment. It is a firm belief that increased cooperation between the two associations can bring enormous benefits and advantages to the real and perceived security in the EU, especially if supported by the resources and the guidance of the European Commission. Following the above-mentioned imperative, the organization of common projects have been proposed:
- Workshops/meetings between COLPOFER members and national transport/railway police;
- Joint excercises devoted to (special) police force interventions and actions of railway operators;
- Educational projects on specific topics (antisocial behaviours, terrorist attack, potentially dangerous behaviour detection, etc.);
- Action days (joint operations) with public and private entities on new topics, such as security checks on board and at stations, whose common goal is to increase the perception of passenger safety and security;
- Strategic cooperation or mutual participation in the respective statutory bodies (General Assemblies, Board, etc.).
COLPOFER effort for Ukraine's refugees
Following the outbreak of the conflict in Ukraine, in March 2022 COLPOFER has created a joint Communication Network exchanging relevant information on a regular basis in order to support member companies and partner associations and organisations to tackle the challenges arising from this humanitarian crisis.