76th COLPOFER General Assembly in Budapest, 23-24 November 2023
The 76th COLPOFER General Assembly was held in Budapest on 23-24 November 2023, hosted by MAV START. During the Assembly, titled "Railway security in transit countries and in major events" crucial topics such ensuring security along TEN-T Corridor as well as over major events (eg. Olympic Games in Paris and Football Championships in Germany in 2024) were jointly addressed by the members.
75th COLPOFER General Assembly in Helsinki, 15 June 2023
The 75th COLPOFER General Assembly took place on 15 June 2023 in Helsinki. During the Assembly, titled “The power of hybrid influence", the fragility of Europe’s critical infrastructure was assessed and highlighted the necessity for governments and private businesses alike to have contingency plans in place in the face of growing hybrid security threats that cause disruption disorder.
COLPOFER - RAILPOL Agreement
On 14 December 2022, COLPOFER and RAILPOL undersigned an agreement aimed at underlining their common understanding of emerging security needs, addressing core values and responsabilities related to the role of both player at EU level, as well as outlining guidelines for future cooperation and procedures to quickly adapt to changes in the rail environment. It is a firm belief that increased cooperation between the two associations can bring enormous benefits and advantages to the real and perceived security in the EU, especially if supported by the resources and the guidance of the European Commission. Following the above-mentioned imperative, the organization of common projects have been proposed:
- Workshops/meetings between COLPOFER members and national transport/railway police;
- Joint excercises devoted to (special) police force interventions and actions of railway operators;
- Educational projects on specific topics (antisocial behaviours, terrorist attack, potentially dangerous behaviour detection, etc.);
- Action days (joint operations) with public and private entities on new topics, such as security checks on board and at stations, whose common goal is to increase the perception of passenger safety and security;
- Strategic cooperation or mutual participation in the respective statutory bodies (General Assemblies, Board, etc.).
Colpofer effort in Ukraine's refugees emergency
Following the outbreak of the conflict in Ukraine, in March 2022 COLPOFER has created a joint Communication Network exchanging relevant information on a regular basis in order to support member companies and partner associations and organisations to tackle the challenges arising from this humanitarian crisis, as well as supporting refugees flows in a safe environment.